Last updated: May 2020
Our terms and conditions are outlined in the following sections:
- Your responsibilities
- Our responsibilities
- Our policies
- Guided tour policy
- Rental gear hire policy
- Bond policy
- Cancellation policy
- Infant and child policy
- Additional charges policy
- Conditions of website use.
- Due to the COVID-19 crisis, you will now need to book and pay online in advance for all gear rentals, self-guided tours and guided tours. You will also be asked to sign a well-being statement before departure and stay away if you become unwell. In the event you become unwell, you will be able to re-book gear rentals and self-guided experiences free of charge.
- You agree to treat the gear provided to you with respect and diligence. All equipment you use must be returned on time, clean and free from damage. Please be aware that we will on charge any additional fees to clean heavily soiled outdoor equipment and repair and replace and gear damaged, vandalised or stolen during your possession to your nominated credit card.
- If you have any additional requests or modifications to your online booking, including cancellation, dietary requirements and rain date guarantee requests, email our customer service team as soon as possible – [email protected]. If change requests are made within 24 hours of departure, please be aware we will do our best to accommodate, but the request may not be accepted.
- You will act in good faith towards Adventure Capital at all times – this includes open, honest and on time communication as requested to fulfil your booking with us.
- You will provide up to date contact information, including email address and functioning mobile number.
- We agree to provide accurate, up to date pricing and product descriptions at all times.
- Despite our best efforts, a product included in the retail ratecards or on our consumer website may be mispriced. If we discover a mispricing, we will inform you of the pricing correction as soon as the error is noted. The incorrect price will be honoured by us where bookings have been paid in full, prior to the pricing correction being notified.
- We will deliver the services booked according to the details provided by you, the customer.
- For your safety and comfort, we operate strict health and safety policies which will be enforced at all times, regardless of any exemption request made by the customer.
- We aim to deliver a high level of customer service to all our customers. This includes, but is not limited to, the delivery of guided bike tours, self-guided bike rentals and gear rentals.
- We agree to respond to all booking requests and change notifications within 24 hours of receipt.
Guided tour policy
- All customers will receive a safety briefing.
- All customers booking a guided bike tour must be able to ride a bike unassisted. All customers will be required to sign a participant waiver, including a COVID-19 wellbeing statement, prior to departure.
- We will not provide customers with bike skills training prior to tour departure for unconfident or unqualified riders. Any customer unable to participate in a guided bike tour on arrival will not be eligible for a refund or credit of any kind.
- Guided bike tour participants will not be permitted to supply their own bike for health and safety reasons.
- All guided bike tour participants must wear the helmet provided during the safety briefing and agree to follow all instructions given by our bike guides and other staff members.
- All customers agree to take full responsibility for their own safety, the safety of others and the safety of any hire gear supplied by us during the agreed rental period. This includes bikes, helmets and cable locks included in guided bike tours. Customers will be subject to additional charges where gear is returned damaged or is lost or stolen during your hire period and immediate and direct settlement will be required.
Rental gear hire policy
- We agree to provide all customers with rental equipment that is in working order. If any equipment is hired to customers with a minor fault or defect (e.g.: grass staining on tent floor), we will point this out and supply documentation so you are not held responsible on return.
- If you believe you have been provided substandard equipment you must inform us immediately to ensure you are not held responsible for the imperfection.
- Customers also agree not to lend the equipment hired from us to any other party during the hireage period. We agree to hire equipment to you – our customer – for your sole use only.
- We will provide customers with documentation outlining the correct process for erecting and dismantling tent, inflating sleeping mats, installing and using gas cooker & gas cylinders, adjusting pack harness and inserting bicycle wheels (where applicable).
- When customers hire equipment through us, you are subject to these guidelines. If any equipment is damaged as a result of misuse and disregard for these processes, you will be charged full repair and/or replacement costs of the goods damaged directly.
- When you hire equipment through us, Visa or Mastercard credit card details must be supplied (card number, name as it appears on card, expiry date and CSV code). We will not accept any other form of payment for the bond.
- No charges are applied to the card unless additional charges need to be passed on to you directly (refer Additional Charges Policy for more information).
- We employ a strict policy to ensure the safety of our customers financial information, which includes not storing any credit card information digitally within our business. All customer credit card information is permanently destroyed at the end of ever hire period.
- All customers are subject to our cancellation policy, which is strictly enforced throughout the year. Last minute changes made may be subject to additional charges (e.g.: special dietary requirements not specified at time of booking). Additional charges will be billed directly to your nominated credit card.
- If you become unwell and are unable to participate in the experience you have booked through us, you must contact us 24 hrs before pickup date and time to reschedule your booking. You will not be charged to re-book with us. You may transfer your booking to another person should you wish. This credit will be valid for 12 months from original date of booking.
- Please contact us to re-book should the weather or other circumstances prevent you from participating in the experience you have booked. There is no charge to re-book self-guided or gear rentals. Guided tours re-booked less than 48hrs ahead of schedule will attract additional fees.
- If you decide to cancel your booking with us, you will be subject to the following policy:
- How to cancel a booking: To cancel a booking, customers must inform us immediately. You must send an email to us that contains the name the booking was made under and the booking reference number supplied on your booking confirmation form.
- Cancellation fees: The following cancellation fees will apply to all customer bookings – 31 days or more before tour departure/gear collection date: an administration fee of $25 will be charged / 11-30 days before tour departure/gear collection date: we will charge 25% of the total owing / 5-10 days before tour departure/gear collection date: we will charge 50% of the total owing / Less than 5 days before collection date: we will charge the full amount owing.
- Confirmation of cancellation: Once you have cancelled a booking, we will send an email to the address nominated by the customer. If the email address has changed since the booking was originally made, you will need to supply us with the new address so the cancellation can be confirmed in writing. We will not be held responsible for cancellation confirmation emails not received by the customer due to invalid or expired email accounts.
Infant and child policy
- Any customer wishing to rent bicycles or involve infants or children in guided bike tours must be aware of the following:
- Infant: Children under 3 years old and weighing less than 20kgs are classified as infants. A charge of NZ$10 per infant applies (retail rate) for baby bike seat rental. Infants must ride with a parent in a baby seat attached to the parent’s rental bicycle. The Provider will not permit bike guides to ride with infants.
- Child: Please check our website for any child pricing that may apply on our products and services. All children must measure over 1.2m to ride a child’s hire bike and participate in a guided bike tour. All children must be able to ride a bike confidently and unassisted to partake in bike rental or a guided bike tour. Children under 14 years will not be permitted to ride an e-bike unless they can demonstrate competence and experience riding this style of bike before they depart our base. No refund will be offered where parents or agents have chosen to ignore this guideline. Children under 3 years old and weighing less than 20kgs are classified as infants. A charge of NZ$10 per infant applies. Infants must ride with a parent in a baby seat attached to the parent’s rental bicycle. We will not permit bike guides to ride with infants.
- Infant and child bookings: You must inform us if infants or children wish to participate at the time of booking. We may not be able to accommodate the addition of infants or children on arrival at our location due to inventory restrictions. We will not provide bike skills training to any children prior to bike rental or guided bike tour. For safety reasons, we do not offer ‘tag-along’ bikes, trailers or junior bikes fitted with training wheels. We do not offer adult bikes fitted with training wheels or tandem bikes, also for health and safety reasons. No refunds or credits of any kind will be offered to the customer if a child does not meet an acceptable level of competent bike riding and is therefore not deemed suitable to participate in the activity.
- Customers must be aware that any damage caused to the equipment you hire will be charged to your nominated credit card and will be based upon published repair estimates. These estimates will be outlined in the hire checklist documentation so, should anything happen whilst the goods are in your care, you are aware of your responsibilities to us.
- Additional charges will appear on your nominated credit card within six weeks of returning the damaged goods to us (refer Bond Policy for more information).
- We respect your right to privacy. We are bound by New Zealand law to comply with the Privacy Act (1993).
- If you are concerned about a possible interference with your privacy, you can contact our Privacy Officer. Address: Unit D, 80 Wyndham Street, Auckland Central, Auckland, New Zealand. Phone: 64-9-337-0633
Conditions of website use
- The following conditions apply for use of our website content:
- Copyright: All content included on our site is our property or our content suppliers. Content includes, but is not limited to, copy, images, design, software, logos, graphic devices and downloadable PDF brochures. All content is our exclusive property and is protected by New Zealand and International copyright laws. All software used on the website is our property or its software suppliers and protected by New Zealand and international copyright laws.
- Provider descriptions: Our attempts to be as accurate as possible. However, this does not warrant that product descriptions or any other content of the website site is 100% accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. You must contact us for final written clarification.
- Pricing: Except where noted otherwise, the online list price displayed for camping, tramping and mountain bike equipment packages and products on our website represents the full retail price.