3 day / 2 night self-guided Auckland cycling tour
The perfect Auckland escape for visitors seeking to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city without the need to drive.
This 3 day/2 night self-guided bike tour takes in spectacular coastal landscapes, gorgeous regional parks and authentic kiwi hospitality along the way.
An all-inclusive package guaranteed to satisfy cycling enthusiasts!
- Start the journey with a leisurely ferry journey from downtown Auckland to Pine Harbour, where the biking begins in earnest
- Enjoy spectacular coastal landscapes and vistas – including the Pohutakawa Coast
- Soak up the sights, sounds – and smells! – of real NZ whilst biking through lush green landscapes
- Experience life in rural New Zealand with comfortable overnight stays in genuine kiwi seaside holiday homes
- Bike – or hike! – off-road trails through some of Auckland’s most beautiful regional parks
- Fully catered meals created using seasonal local produce
- All the details taken care of – sit back and enjoy the ride!
- The journey ends with a train journey back to Auckland city to return rental gear.
RETAIL price: NZ$1,335pp
Duration: 3 days/2 nights
Total Riding Distance: 155km over 3 days
Day 1 – 47km / Day 2 – 61km / Day 3 – 55km
Minimum: 1 person
Maximum: 6 person
Inclusions: rental gear – hard-tail mountain bike with front suspension and hydraulic disk brakes (full spec’s available on request), helmet, cable lock, puncture repair kit, spare inner tubes, small air pump, pannier bags (set of 3 – 2 rear bags and 1 handlebar bag), bike lights (set of 2); accommodation – 2 nights in private, newly renovated 3-star accommodation; meals – 2 breakfast, 3 lunches and 2 dinners included; additional snacks and beverages can be purchased independently along the route; public transport – an AT Hop Card will be supplied pre-loaded with enough credit to cover ferry and train journeys; map – digital and printed versions will be supplied, participants are advised that cell coverage throughout route is generally very good but should not be 100% relied on.
Grade 4-5 – Participants must be able to ride a bike, confidently and unassisted. A mix of off-road and on-road riding is included in the route. Several large hill-climbs.
NOTE: the Pine Harbour ferry departing downtown Auckland currently does not run on Saturday or Sunday. This means participants must start this self-guided tour Monday – Friday.